Team managers play an important role assisting the coach and team with several aspects leading up to the game and on game day. Some roles a team manager plays includes:
- Rostering families to score each week at the game
- Organizing a parent roster to assist at trainings
- Collecting money for team sheets
- Pick up and return alternate uniforms when there is a colour clash
- Helping to setup social events for team bonding
- Generally assisting the coach and players
- Ordering Jamware videos for each team after the game (optional)
Each team is required to have a team manager, usually a parent of one of the players. Frogs Basketball would like to thank all team managers who have volunteered for this important role.
WBA policy stipulates that the 2nd team listed on the fixture is required to wear an alternate uniform. Uniform clashes only occur against Waverley Comets teams. Team managers should contact the club office to organize collection of a set of uniforms for their teams a minimum of 3 days before they are required. Uniforms should be returned washed and in good condition within 3 days after the game.
Team managers are required to collect money from all players for their game day team sheet. This amount is paid prior to the game at the entry booth. This is often done with a ‘kitty’ system. Please check with your venue the game sheet total as it may vary from venue to venue.
Team Manager Documents
Download helpful team manager documents which can be found here.